Thursday, April 16, 2009

Someone's TEA-d Off!


Don't Tread On Me! I saw numerous flags with this printed on it on Wednesday, April 15th. This was Tax Day for Americans. But it was also the same day many Americans came out, in unity, to show their displeasure with the way their government is heading.
Many of the things they were addressing included: paying high taxes only to watch their leaders flush them down the toilet with wasteful spending; the systematic stripping away of Constitutional Rights; and just plain disrespect from lawmakers who refuse to acknowledge that they are, BY LAW, beholden to the voters that they represent.
This symbolic protest was attended by many thousands of concerned citizens, Republican or Democrat, who wanted to voice their opposition to the current trend in America. I was at one of these "Tea Parties," though I was working of course in my role in the local media. I did my job, objectively. I was keeping an eye out for anything that betrayed the message that was supposed to be relayed. There wasn't any where I was. From what I could see, this was a peaceful protest.
I have to say that I was impressed by what I saw and heard. I took pride in the fact that there are a whole lot more people out there that feel the same way I do than the mainstream media cares to say.
So, let's get some things straight when it comes to the media. As a Christian and a conservative, in the media I am outnumbered incredibly. Most would agree that there is a definite slant to coverage. Certain major "news" networks aren't hiding it anymore. With the last Presidential election they showed their true colors and clearly backed one candidate over the other. That's their right, however when it comes to defaming the other view or even creating lies, you've crossed the line.
This brings me to the tea parties. Some of the news outlets, nationally and even locally, categorized the rallies as: "Anti-government, Anti-Obama, Anti-tax paying." The list goes on and on. This infuriates me, not because of my views, but because it is FALSE!!! I WAS THERE!
The tea parties were not organized by the GOP, if they were they were getting as much blame for the current mess as the Democrats. President Bush took flack as much as I heard the name of President Obama come under scrutiny. It wasn't a rally against government or the President, it was a rally against all those ideas that reject the United States Constitution and the rights contained therein.
That was the true meaning of the rally. I personally talked with people angry with both political parties. The system is broke, and people came out to voice their opposition.
But still, some people missed the whole point. This isn't about Democrat versus Republican, or right-wing versus left-wing, this is about RIGHT versus WRONG! The rallies were for ALL Americans, put on by Americans. Regardless of your party affiliation, you were represented.
Whatever side you claim to be on, remember this: For every right and left wing, there is a whole body that needs attention too. We are Americans! Let's stop the bickering and take a look at the big picture. We are one body!
I've said it before, if we don't watch out and be vigilant, what George Orwell wrote in the book 1984 will come to pass before our very eyes. It's already happening!
It's time to unite under One God and under the flag of Freedom. America, the land of the free and the home of the brave. Let's make sure those words don't die while we bicker amongst ourselves.
Divide and Conquer: This is the most effective weapon the enemy uses against us. He's done it for thousands of years and is still using it now. Division! If an army is too tough to defeat as is, split it up and pick off the smaller parts before going in for the kill. A lot easier then, right?
Jesus Christ Himself said: "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand." (Matthew 12:25 NIV)
Be proud America! Be proud of what you accomplished on Tax Day. You roared loudly and the enemy's gates shook. Do I advocate violence of any kind, absolutely not. But these peaceful protests showed what motivated Americans can do with a cause they can ALL get behind.
So, keep roaring: praying and believing and eventually the walls will come down, like they did in Jericho. (Joshua 6; Hebrews 11:30)
United We Stand, divided we fall!

No comments: